YES...the World Has Gone Insane

This week we watched as "non-violent protestors" set a city on fire and looted the storefronts of innocent small business owners.  Then, we polished off the week with Muslim terrorists traveling from Arizona to Garland, Texas to apparently kill a cartoonist that dared to satirize the prophet Mohammed.  It's been quite a week.  Not one for the record books.  Nor, one to be proud of.  So, what do we make of this?  Here's a few barely incoherent ramblings...

*All our great attempts to solve the racial divide in this country have only resulted in deepening an already fragmented society.  Laws and government intervention is not, nor will it ever be the answer.  It is, by nature, a heart problem, and thus, can only be resolved by the One who changes men's hearts

*We must avoid, at all costs, the ever-present inclination to paint everyone of any segment of society with a single brush.  There are Christians who do stupid things.  I don't want to be lumped in with them.  There are white people who hate.  I don't want to be lumped in with them.  There are bald people who are jerks or cheaters or thieves or whatever.  Don't lump me in with them.  As well, don't paint all Muslims or all black people or all policemen or all anyone with the same brush.

*If you've never been in their place, you don't understand them, but you should.  I don't have the foggiest notion what it feels like to be a young black man in America...but, I should.  I don't know what it feels like to be a policeman on the streets in a major city...but I should.  I don't know what it feels like to be a Muslim in America...but I should.  Understand first.  Judge later.

*I am glad I worship a real God.  Not one that's so fragile that if he thinks anyone has drawn him in anything other than a flattering light he feels compelled to send his followers out to "take care of the problem for him".  My God is big and bad enough that He really doesn't care if you say unflattering things about Him.  He's God.  Not some over-sensitive sissy who gets his feelings hurt.  My God (that's with a "Big G") doesn't need me being His bully-squad and beating up anyone who doesn't like Him.  My God is a real God who can take care of Himself.

*I find that those who tell Christians they aren't "tolerant" enough are usually the least "tolerant" individuals on the planet.  If we believe that God has said something is less than his best for mankind and we express that viewpoint, we are labeled "haters", when in reality, we're sometimes the only folks who love some people enough to tell them they're settling for less than God's best for their lives.  And, in the process of calling us "haters" (simply because we disagree with them), they actually degrade, despise, and hate us, simply because we have the audacity to disagree with them.  I think Jesus mentioned something about the speck in the other guys eye and the log in their own.  Since they like strawberry, everyone should like strawberry...or else you're a hater.  Tolerance is simply a chocolate and vanilla-free world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT