HOW CAN WE NOT?

I've spent the last 3 days in the country of Haiti.  Adam Bateman, our Missions Pastor and I came here to "spy out the land" and see if this was a place we should engage in doing work for the Lord.  Our purpose in coming was simply to be the "eyes and ears of God", that He might give us, hopefully, a resounding "Yes" or "No" as to what we are to do.

What we've seen is unbelievable poverty, people who are going nowhere ("Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained"), and the needs are great.

So, what's the word from God?  We have been looking for a word like, This is where I have for you to work...This is what your assignment is in my Kingdom's service...Here is the village you are to serve...this is the task I have destined for you...or even, This is a great place of service, but it's not the place I have destined for you.

That would make things so simple, but God is often either not that simple, or more likely, more simple than we expect Him to be.  What have I heard from Him?  Not a this or that, here or a there.  It was more of a How can you not come?  How can you not help?  How can you not make a difference?  

RESULT OF MY TRIP:  I've been ruined.  I've been broken.  I can't not return.  I realize that's a double-negative, but it's a properly used double-negative.  Sometimes God just ruins us, he ruins our heart and ruined for eternity.  No matter where we go, there will be a part of our heart that is owned by this island.

Like Arnold....I'll be back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS