GIVING GOD THE TIME OF DAY

I'm writing my blog a little later than usual.  However, what's later than usual may become the usual in the days to come.  I realized something...My writing time was cutting into my praying time.  My talking to you was taking precedence over my talking to God.  I didn't kill my prayer life, it just infringed upon it.

I was reminded recently, of the important and the power and the absolute necessity of prayer.  I think most of us would agree with #1 and #2, but would, at best, give lip-service to #3...the absolute necessity of prayer.  Most would easily agree its important and powerful, but absolutely necessary?  That's a bit of a stretch.

What happens when we're faced with the dilemma of prayer or work, prayer or breakfast, prayer or sleep, prayer or productivity?  In most of those cases, prayer usually gets relegated back to the important and powerful, but not the absolutely necessary.

Martin Luther once said, "I have so many things to do today, I must spend 3 hours in prayer".  Just the opposite of what most of us would say.

Here's the question for you: Do you believe, in some forms, the power of God is released in you only through prayer...through asking and receiving?  Do you believe that there are some things that will only be accomplished through prayer and nothing else?  If so, is there any more important activity that you will engage in on any given day than to spend time with God in prayer?  

Here's my prayer for you today: "Lord, I pray you will convict everyone who reads these words that prayer is as necessary to life as the oxygen we breathe.  Make it an absolute necessity in our lives."
Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT