MARRIAGE COUNSELING

That's where we went yesterday...the MARRIAGE COUNSELOR.  Guess I have your attention now. You thought this was your pastor's blog.  Doggone...it is!  Did you misread what I just said?  Nope.  You read it right.  Susan and I have been seeing a Marriage Counselor for the last month.  Are we getting a divorce?  Is our marriage in big trouble?  Was there infidelity?  No to all questions.

Marriage is not a static thing.  It's always changing.  We've never been at this juncture of our marriage, and we found that our marriage was OK.  But, we knew God's plan wasn't for OK and we loved each other way too much to settle for OK, so we swallowed our pride, (OK, I swallowed MY pride) and we contacted a marriage counselor, for one reason...we weren't satisfied with OK.  We wanted GREAT.  We wanted AWESOME.  We wanted nothing less that EARTH-SHATTERING.  We refused to settle for OK.

Unless one of us croaks and the other re-marries, we're only doing this once.  Hopefully, for a long time...a lot more years.  Why on earth would I want to come home to OK for the next 30 or 40 years? (I'm planning on living a long time)  I want to shoot out of that office at 5:00 and head home as quick as my 4 wheels will get me there (without breaking any laws) because I know what's waiting for me there.  I want her to count down the minutes till I get there.  I don't want to have to answer the question, "Are you happy or married?  I want to be both.  I want to be happier because I'm married.  And, thus, I will do whatever it takes to make that happen, because there is NOTHING I won't do to assure that happens.

I've been in a lot of marriage counseling sessions during my life as a pastor, but never from this side of the desk.  It's a little weird.  It's a little awkward.  I'm more than a little uncomfortable.  But, more than any of those things, I'm DETERMINED.  BEST or BUST!  And busting is not an option.

Comments

  1. Them's fightin words (meaning you as a pastor went public with your issue and then your determination, so the enemy is I am sure jumping on that like yesterday)- but - we have your back PT - always praying for that protection and provision. Thank you for being open with us -
    Love you both.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 6 moths of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a man called Dr Aisabu of Aisabu temple which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several testimonies about this particular man. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he prayed to stop divorce and get a good paid job so on. He is amazing, i also come across one particular testimony, it was about a woman called Shannon , she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped his email. (aisabulovespell@gmail.com) After reading all these, I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We resolved our issues, and we are even happier than ever. DR Aisabu you are a gifted man and thank you for everything you had done in my life. If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster, Try him anytime, he is the answer to your problems. you can contact him on aisabulovespell@gmail.com !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS