DIVINE APPOINTMENTS

I'm over 50 (way over).  That means several things are added to you life, among which is a semi-annual visit to your Urologist.  (I will not be graphic.  I'll just say this guy sees you in a whole new way)  Yesterday was the day.  I go to a big-shot in the Medical Center. (We live in a city with the greatest Medical Center in the world, so why not take advantage of it?)  So, you hardly see the big guy.  He sends in one of his fellows to do all the dirty work. 

So, I make nervous conversation.  "Where you from originally?"  "North Carolina", he says.  "Oh, where?"  "Chapel Hill".  "So, you a Tar Heel?"  "Sure am".  "I have some Tar Heels in my church.  Got a kid who played football there".  "Really?  What's his name?"  "Pelc".  "I know of him.  He was a lineman, wasn't he?"  "Yeah"  "And, where's he from?"  "Pearland."  "Really, I live in Pearland".  "So, you like football?"  "Sure do.  Wanted to come to some of the High School games, but never really knew the schedule."  "Oh, you should come.  They're great.  Even JJ Watt comes".  "You're kidding.  Why?"  "Because he lives in Pearland, too".  "Really?"  "Yeah, so you're a football fan?"  "Oh yeah".  "If I gave you a ticket to this Super Bowl breakfast, would you use it?  Here's all the people that will be there".  "Absolutely.  That's awesome!"  "Great.  Can I pull up my pants now?"

Is this guy going to show up that Saturday?  I have no idea.  But, God took me all the way to the Medical Center, to the OQuinn Tower, to the 17th floor, to an exam room to meet a guy from North Carolina who lives in Pearland, Texas who loves football and knows someone who played football at his college half a continent away a week away from a Super Bowl Bash for which I had tickets in my pocket which I offered and he gladly received.

There's a lot of coincidences there.  But then, I don't believe in coincidences.  I believe in DIVINE APPOINTMENTS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT