IBSick

I have succumbed to the dreaded CRUD.  It came upon me without warning.  The fact that "everybody's getting it" has not provided much solace for me at this time.  I find that sickness has phases, just like anything else.

Phase One:  Something's not quite right
Phase Two:  Something's definitely wrong
Phase Three:  I'm afraid I'm going to die!
Phase Four:  I'm afraid I'm not going to die!!!
Phase Five:  I feel better, but really want you to feel sorry for me, because I certainly do
Phase Six:  All better...that was no big deal!

Yeah, that was a little dramatic.  Funny, but that's from a man's perspective.  I find a woman's perspective on sickness to be a little different.  Most women just have one phase...I'm sick...leave me alone!  When it comes to being sick, men revert back to being babies and need someone to hold their hand or give them a bell to ring and make them chicken soup.  Whereas, women just want you to keep the kids, the phone and yourself as far away from them as possible.

I wonder if the phases of physical sickness have any correspondence to the spiritual sickness we call sin?  Really is the same thing, isn't it?  Just the spiritual version of what we actually see in the physical realm.  Maybe the phases of our sin sickness goes something like this...

Phase One:  I think that may have been wrong
Phase Two:  I'm sure that was wrong...I feel terrible
Phase Three:  I'm sorry.  I promise never to do it again.
Phase Four:  Oops, I did it again.  Actually, it was a little easier this time.
Phase Five:  I feel bad and just want to be left alone.  If you're God or one of His friends, I really don't
                    want to talk right now.  Maybe never.
Phase Six:  All better...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Not sure if you can relate to this or not.  Probably so.  Without sounding corny, isolation is not the answer for a sick soul.  Nor is chicken soup.  Boldly coming before a merciful God, admitting our guilt and receiving forgiveness and healing is (even for the 1,000th time).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT