WORSHIP

Yesterday at Church, I really was moved in my heart and spirit during the time of congregational singing.  I know, most of us call it the worship time, but I'm one of those people who believe worship, even though it can very much happen during the time when we sing to the Lord, is in no way limited to music.  Here's my take:

1.  Worship can happen when we sing to the Lord.

2.  Worship doesn't automatically happen when we sing.

3.  Worship extends beyond music to include anything we do that makes God smile and says to Him, "I love you".

4.  Worship can just as easily happen during the message, following the message, at lunch or during the Texans game.

5.  Worship is much more about the attitude of our heart than about the actions we are engaged in.

Let's get back to that singing part again, because that was the part that really moved me yesterday.  It was all I could do not to stand up on my chair with my hands lifted as high as possible and shout at the top of my lungs...HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!  I think, in that moment I was worshipping God.  But, I couldn't help but wonder, right or wrong, were others joining me?  Were other hearts being massively moved?  Were people singing along, like you do at a Justin Bieber concert, or were others loving God as best they could with their lips?

Do you understand worship?  Do you worship God?  Is it a need that cannot be quenched by anything else?  Do you tell Him, "I love you?".

Comments

  1. Speaking for my wife, and I, yes there "were others joining" you. Especially the 2nd song regarding the statement that I am what He says I am, and He says that I am His! We were both in tears, as we felt the Holy Spirit moving there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you decide to stand up in your chair and shout it out - I will follow you Pastor!
    I cannot tell you how many times - I want to fling my arms wide on Sunday morning and shout it out! The first thing I said to my kids Sunday after church was how moving worship was and that there was a difference in the worship on stage. It seemed as though the worship team was entering in or I guess truly leading us into a corporate worship. That doesn't always happen, it was beautful and I definately think it definately put a smile on the Lord's face.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BACK TO NORMAL