MISSING INFORMATION

The other evening, prior to an elders meeting, Robby Aylor, our staff member in charge of facilities, and, thus, in charge of our building project, decided to take us all on a tour of the new site.  We walked, single-file, out onto the construction site.  Basically, wooden forms where that had been filled with concrete.  In other words, the foundations of the buildings.  Or, at least, that's what we all assumed.

Then, Robby, shared a piece of information with us that was missing from our understanding.  We weren't standing on foundations, as we thought.  We were standing on the walls.  Sure, the foundations were under there. But, that's not what we were standing on.  He explained, they pour the foundations, then rebuild forms on top of the foundations, spray them with a special non-stick substance, then pour the wall right on top of the foundation.  Then, they repeat that process again and again, sometimes with several layers of walls on top of the foundation.  In fact, they're pouring more this morning as I write.

When they have dried and cured, they bring in a big crane and stand them all up.  In other words, in two weeks, every wall will be up and erect and a building will suddenly appear out of nowhere.  That boggles my mind!

But, here's my point.  We all assumed we were just walking on the foundation, the floor, the bottom, the beginning.  But, in reality, we were WALKING ON THE WALLS!  If no one had been there to explain to us what we thought was fact, wasn't really fact at all, we would have had a nice walk over what we thought was one thing, when in reality, it was something else totally different.  We weren't bad.  We were just wrong.  Just uninformed.  Just ignorant.  We needed someone with much more insight to say, "I know what you think you're walking on.  I know what it looks and feels like.  I know what you think...you're just wrong...just uninformed...you just don't have the right information and perspective.

Isn't that exactly what God does in His Word?  He basically tells us, "I know you think you know what's going on here, what reality is and how you should respond...but you're wrong.  Not bad or evil.  Just misinformed.  You operate by sight.  But, I've been around a lot longer than you and know what's really going on beneath the surface.  So, you need to decide whether to trust your eyes and your wits that you're walking on the foundation, or trust Me and my word by faith, that what you're walking on are really walls.  Sight or faith?  You or me?  Your limited perspective, or my limitless perspective?  Trust me, I know better.  Trust me, I'm right...I'm God.  I know, I know, it really looks like one thing.  But, you have to trust Me, it's not.  Trust me over your eyes, over your wits, over your feelings, over what you really WANT to be the case.  Trust Me to get it right and NEVER lead you wrong."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS