AIRPORTS

Airports are interesting places.  I'm sitting in one for the next hour, so, I'm considering airports.  So far, we attempted to turn in our rental car without filling up the tank.  They graciously offered to do that for us...for a mere $9.45 per gallon!  We declined and found a local gas station (the gas pump was playing Jethro Tull...very cool!).

Then I was patted down by the nicest TSA agent ever.  It's a lot harder to dislike TSA agents in the South.  They smile and talk with a drawl and say, "Excuse me" and are just so nice while they're groping you (I almost enjoyed it...but I didn't.  I want that to be clear).

I'm a people guy, so I love to just watch people and wonder where they come from and where they're going.  It's what I do.  It's how I'm wired.  Honestly, I sometimes form ideas in my mind as to what their stories are.  Yea, it's a sickness, but there's a lot worse I could be afflicted with.

Do you ever wonder where people have come from or where they are headed?  How about spiritually? Do you ever wonder where the people around you have come from spiritually?  How they were raised?  What they were taught?  What their experience with the church has been?  What they believe?  What they question?

Do you ever wonder where they are headed?  Do you ever ask?  Are you afraid to ask?  I'm not even suggesting that you witness to them.  I'm just asking, do you ever ask, "Where are you with the God stuff?"  "What do you think about the church?"  "Why do you think that?  What were your experiences that formed your thinking?"

It's one thing to sit in an airport and guess where strangers walking by are coming from and headed to.  It's totally different to have people in your life, all around you, and never take the time to at least get the 411 on where they are and where they're headed spiritually for eternity.  That's a long trip.  And it's one way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT