REMODELING

I know, some of you are saying, "Wait, hasn't he written about this before?".  The answer would be "Yes, you're not crazy.  It's just what we do now".  We've remodeled our floors.  We've taken out a bedroom and remodeled our Game Room.  We've remodeled our kitchen.  We've remodeled our Guest Bath....our patio...our DRIVEWAY!

Recently, Susan told me she didn't think this was the last house she wanted to live in.  (She wanted to move!)  REASON: It's a 2-story house.  She thought as we get older we didn't need a second story (basically STAIRS).

After all the remodeling, basically rebuilding this house, NOW she wants to move?  We love our house.  We love our neighborhood.  We love our neighbors, except for that crazy lady across the street (I know she reads my blog, so I had to throw that in).

MY ANSWER:  OK, let's move.  But, one caveat...no more pool.  I've built one.  I'm not building another.  One-story home without pool.  Two-story home with pool.

BOTTOM LINE:  We're remodeling again.  Here's what I've discovered.  Remodeling is not an just an event, it's a process.

It's a lot like our salvation.  Sometimes we think of it as an event, "I got saved on______ day".  That's absolutely true.  But, God's Word also says, "day by day, I'm being saved".  Our salvation is more than an event.  It's also a process.  God is busy saving us day by day.  But, that's not all.  Paul talks about the day he will leave this earth and enter heaven and speaks of it as "I will be saved".  Yes, our salvation is a PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE event.  We were saved, we are being saved, and we will be saved.  We're being remodeled by God.  Pretty cool.  AND, with baptism, you get the pool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT