CRUISE LESSONS, Pt. 6

15.  When people find out you're a pastor, some run, some act better, some act worse, and some just don't care.  It's hilarious.  When you say, "I pastor a church", it elicits a guttural response.  It's either based on what people think about Christians or what people think about the church or what people think about God or what they think about their crazy Uncle Larry or just what they expect based on something or absolutely nothing.  Some immediately change their vocabulary (Isn't that wonderful, God bless you, etc....) and others also immediately change their vocabulary (%B$^&N@*^$%JH@!#, etc...).  Some just say "That's nice...Oh, look at the time.  Better run.  Have fun".  Then run, not walk,  to their cabins, and put out their pastor radar to avoid you like the plague.  Some, whether because they don't know what a pastor is or for whatever reason, couldn't care less.  They are the distinct minority.

16.  Lost people seem to have more friends than believers.  Maybe it just seems that way.  I'm not sure.  One example: There was this guy on the boat from Denver.  It was his 50th birthday.  His wife took him on a cruise for his birthday.  (note to Susan)  But, as a surprise, she invited 50 of his friends to meet them there.  They were everywhere on that ship, mostly together in small groups, large groups, excursions.  My point?  If my wife had to make a list of 50 of my friends, she's get stuck after about 12.  Now, 50 of my friends that would want to take a week's vacation and meet us in Ft. Lauderdale and pay for a cruise?  The list just got expeditiously shorter.

OK, maybe I'm not a good example.  Maybe it's not Christians.  Maybe it's just me.  If you're reading this, I'm taking applications for friends that would take a cruise with me.  I'm going for 51.  In your face, birthday boy!!!

17.  I can burn sitting in the shade on a cloudy day.  No further comment needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS