SHUT IT DOWN

     The Bible is full of examples where the only way to deal with a toxic relationship is to simply end it.  When my children were growing up, I had one simple rule about their relationships.  I didn't attempt to micro-manage all their friendships.  I simply told them, "You have my permission to be friends with anyone, as long as you're rubbing off on them.  However, as soon as I see them rubbing off on you, that's it...it's over...see ya!"  As long as my children were bringing others UP, things were fine.  When others started to drag my kids DOWN, it was my role to step in and put an end to the relationship.
     That's how you deal with relationships with kids...but its not that different when you're an adult.  If a relationship is toxic, if it's impacting you more than you're impacting it, shut it down.  Cut it off.  Say, "See ya!".
     One example of such a situation is with Joseph and Potiphar's wife.  The consequences for shutting it down were pretty devastating for Joseph, but not near as devastating as they would have been to him personally and spiritually had he not shut it down.
     Are there any relationships in your life that are toxic to you spiritually and emotionally that ned to be shut down?

Read Genesis 39:1-23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT