HURT PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE

     Yeah, yeah, I know.  You've heard that one before.  But, that doesn't make it any less true.  If you're hurt, and especially, if you're being hurt over and over, you will, invariably, hurt others around you.  Pain produces pain.  How are you when you're sick?  Fun to be with?  Life of the party?  Do you think well?  Respond well?  React well?  I've made a rule for myself.  When I'm sick I don't allow myself to think about important things, make important decisions or have important conversations with people.  I know I'm not at my best in my thinking or acting.  I just try to shut it down.  Otherwise, I misinterpret data and emotions and make stupid decisions that I later have to go back and revisit.
     People that are hurt emotionally face the same limitations and challenges.  Only difference...they don't get over it in three days.  So, they have a tendency to hurt people.  Not intentionally, but just as real and just as disastrous in effect.
     So, what's the answer?  You have to do what the Bible says to manage toxic relationships.  Only then will you be strong and emotionally and spiritually healthy enough to live out the love of God rather than just living out your hurt.
     Make it a practice to be committed to do whatever it takes to manage the toxic relationships in your life.  Even more importantly, make sure YOU aren't being the toxic one in your relationships.

Read Romans 14:1-23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT