THE POWER OF WORDS

     Words are powerful things.  We tend to overlook that.  I have a saying that my family, I'm pretty sure, has tired of over the years, "Words mean things".  My point is, don't say it unless you really mean it.  And, if you say it, don't think I've forgotten it  I'm assuming you are a person of your word and that if you said it, its as good as done.  Bottom line: Don't use words flippantly.  Think before you speak.  Because, "Words mean things".
     Words have the power to kill and words have the power to give life.  Throughout the book of Proverbs, Solomon often writes about the dangers and the life-giving abilities of words.  As a result, he encourages us to be aware of the types of words that we speak to others and the positive and negative affects they can have.
     Today, begin to practice that awareness and carefully choose whether to speak life-giving words or words that have the power to kill.

Read Proverbs 15
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT