OUR NATION'S ANTHEM

As we pause to celebrate our nations's freedom and independence today, I hope it's more than just a day off from work for you.  I hope you pause and think of just how much sacrifice went into the things you and I take for granted.

I hope you remember where that all came from, too.  This week, I was reminded that, although we only sing one, there are actually four verses to the Star Spangled Banner.  Verse four happens to be my personal favorite...

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war’s desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav’n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: “In God is our trust.”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Maybe we should sing that one more.  Happy 4th!  In God is our trust!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT