THE RUMOR MILL

     Rumors are funny things.  Sometimes they're just gossip (but, rumor sounds so much more palatable).  Sometimes we start them rolling without even knowing it.  Like a tiny snowball that starts rolling down a hill, picking up a little more snow as it goes, until it becomes a giant boulder of power leaving destruction in its path.
     OK, so I guess I started this one...innocently enough.  I recently mentioned about a succession plan I had for when I retire.  Retire?  No one puts together a succession plan for when they retire unless they're thinking about retiring...right?  Absolutely true.  I am thinking about it....in 10 or 11 years.  
     Here's what you need to know:

1.  I go to the gym most every day.  I don't go there because I like it (well, I'm starting to).  I go there because I want to keep my body in shape to do the job I love as long as is humanly possible.

2.  Most people, when they consider retirement think about what's best for them.  That enters into my thinking as well, but my #1 priority is what's best for Crosspoint.  I love this church more than any of you know.  I have no intentions of just leaving and hoping you figure it out and do good after I'm gone.  I'd like to see there be a smooth, seamless, well thought-out, well prayed-out plan in place for when I do hang it up where the wheel gets gradually and wisely handed over and Crosspoint never misses a beat.

3.  I don't want to outstay my welcome, but I don't want to leave a day before I need to either.

4.  Someday I'll step down from being the Lead Pastor of Crosspoint Church.  However, I have no intentions of ever retiring from ministry.  I believe that's a life-long calling.  I want to do that till I take my last breath.

So, for those of you who thought I was about done....tough break.  You're stuck with me.  I ain't going no where.  In fact, I think my best days are still ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT