I DON'T UNDERSTAND...BUT I SHOULD

It breaks my heart when I see couples, but especially women, who struggle with infertility.  It can be the most devastating thing in a person's life.  I partly have problems understanding because I'm a man.  Although that desire to have children is real in men, it is totally different in women.  So many women feel like less than a whole woman when they face fertility issues.  Again, I'm not a woman and will never completely comprehend how that would make a woman feel, so I won't even try to address it.

My point is, even though I don't understand it, I should.  That same desire that God built into women to bear children is built into each one of us who call ourselves a Child of God.  We were created to reproduce spiritually.  We were created to "give birth" to new Children of God.  We were created to bring new disciples into the world.  And, if we aren't or can't or don't, that should stir some emotions in us.

Paul called Timothy his son.  Not a physical son....a spiritual one.  How many "spiritual kids" do you have?  Do you want more?  Do you take as much joy seeing a new believer "born-again" as you did seeing your physical children born?  Spiritually, are you childless?  Does that in any way bother you?  It should.  If you're having spiritual fertility issues, it should be a cause for concern.  If it's not, ask God to stir your heart and make you want to make kids for His Kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT