MY NEW YELLOW TRUCK

It must be Spring.  Yes, I know it's barely March, but it's Spring.  How do I know?  My truck is yellow every morning.  I believe my sinuses are approximately the same color, although I can't prove it.  There may be a tree already have sprouted there.  I may be trimming the leaves growing from my nose soon. (But, as I am prone to do...I digress)

Spring brings a lot of challenges to those of us who are allergic to life.  But, it also means that everything is coming back to life, turning green and starting to bloom.  It also means that Easter can't be far behind.  Easter is THE DAY.  It's the DAY OF ALL DAYS.  It's Christmas & the Fourth of July &  President's Day & Thanksgiving all rolled into one....only BIGGER!  It's the RESURRECTION OF JESUS.

For a Christ-Follower, it's everything.  There's nothing bigger.  Nothing better.  Nothing in the same league.  The guy we trust with our lives and our sin and our future and our eternity....everything...all our hopes and dreams, walks out of a tomb and everything changed in a moment, forever.  

If nothing else, the Resurrection should make us bold.  A dead guy just came back to life.  Not just any dead guy...our dead guy.  That puts a little swagger in your step.  Don't misunderstand, I'm not talking about cockiness.  I'm talking about boldness.  Nothing should make you bolder to open your mouth and speak the truth about salvation, hope and forgiveness than the one you're putting your trust in walking out of a tomb.  That one simple fact turned a bunch of mealy-mouthed, defeated, cowards into a band of world-changers.  Why can't the same truth do the same to us?!  Be BOLD!  Give someone a reason for hope.  Tell them about Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT