I'M CONFUSED

OK, so I've read all those things, like why do you Drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?  Why do they put expiration dates on Sour Cream?  

All funny and interesting and entertaining.  But, as a pastor, I have to admit, I'm legitimately confused.  Why do we call the day Jesus died GOOD FRIDAY and the day that big bargains are available BLACK FRIDAY?  Am I missing something here?  Isn't that backwards?

I'm thinking Jesus would agree with me.  He prayed, "Father, let this cup pass from me".  Translation:  "I don't want to do this...at all...no way.  I'm requesting you reconsider and please come up with a Plan B."

Sorry, from my perspective, this is a true BLACK FRIDAY.  But, God, in His power and wisdom has turned BLACK FRIDAY into a very GOOD FRIDAY.  

OK, so I guess I'll just remain a CONFUSED PASTOR.  By the way, isn't that redundant?  CONFUSED PASTOR?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT