EUREKA

Do you ever have those "Eureka" moments in life?  Those times when the lightbulb goes on.  When you want to hit your forehead and go, "Why didn't I see that till now?"  Maybe for you they're "duh" moments.  Moments of sudden clarity, when something comes into focus...finally.  When you suddenly "Get it"!

Eureka is an interesting word.  One of my favorites.  It comes from a Greek word that sounds a little like e-hu-rees-ko....EUREKA!  It means, "to find".  Like, suddenly, out of the dark, possibly by total surprise, I find something.  Maybe something I've been looking for.  Maybe not.  Maybe something I thought I had found, only to discover I hadn't...but, now I have.

I LOVE eureka moments in life.  When out of the blue something crystalizes and becomes absolutely, unmistakably clear.  Sometimes, they can be a little scary.  I think to myself, what if I didn't have this moment.  What if the universe hadn't lined up properly, I hadn't read this chapter or heard this person or scripture hadn't come alive like never before...and I'd gone on in my theretofore ignorance.  That "What if" can be a little frightening.

You've got to be ready for the eureka moments in life, or you'll miss them.  They'll pass you by.  Every moment of your life you must live with an openness to the fact that God may be about to use any source He sees fit to teach you an unbelievable life lesson...at any time, at any place, through any source (remember Balaam...God used his donkey to teach him).

Yesterday, I had a eureka moment.  I was listening to a guy preach on a passage I would be preaching on this Sunday.  I was just looking for a little help, a little insight into the scripture, or maybe a new tilt on an old passage.  What I got was eureka.  I had to call my wife, sit her down, share my new-found understanding and confess to her..."That's me!  I'm that guy!  That's what I've done for the past 30-something years in our marriage....and before that.  It makes sense.  I get it!  Wow!".  

Ever been there?  Well, if you've got things all figured out, don't expect much.  But, if you realize there's more out there that you don't know than what you do, and you're open and desiring to learn it, expect God's eureka moments.  But, one warning: Expect them when you least expect them.  Just sayin'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT