BALANCED

I know, you thought that series was over.  Well, you're right.  The series is over.  But, the need for BALANCE is a never ending struggle.  Yesterday, I was cleaning out my Inbox. (Waaaaay too many emails.  I have a tendency to be an email hoarder.  You never know when you might need that!)  But, as usual, I digress.  In doing so, I found a very disturbing email from the Finance guy.  Here was its contents:

5% (27 families) account for 35% of total giving
10% (53 families) account for 54% of total giving 
20% (107 families) account for 76% of total giving

I don't know...does that sound like BALANCE to you?  It might if we were flush with a group of Millionaires.  Maybe we are, but I doubt it.  I've always heard about the 80/20 Rule.  20% of the people do 80% of the work.  20% of the people give 80% of the money.  It appears to be about right on the money (pun intended).

It might be a rule, but it's definitely not a standard of health. What does it say?  It says that, as a church, we're out of BALANCE.  It says that, as a church, a few are highly committed and are carrying the load for the many.  It says that a huge percentage of folks in our church do not make God a priority in their finances.  That's the tough one.  

Look at the priorities of your finances and put God at the #1 spot.  That's where He demands to be.  That's where He deserves to be.  HE'S GOD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT