I'VE GOT NETFLIX!

I never see bills.  In our house, my wife is the bill payer.  At least, I assume she does.  OK, she does.  Anyway, that's not what this is about.  The other day I picked up one of the credit card bills and looked it over.  (Just wanted to see what I was buying)  I saw a charge on there from Netflix.com.  I asked Susan, "What's this for?".  Of course, she didn't know, so I decided to play junior detective and find out.  First to the website, then finding the number to call and, finally, getting to the bottom of case.  (OK, case is a strong word, I know, but I felt like one of those guys on CSI anyway)

The BIG BREAK IN THE CASE OF THE MYSTERIOUS NETFLIX CHARGE:  The man said, "Yes, Mr. Allen, you have an account with us...you've had it since May".  Are you kidding me?!  I could have been watching bad movies for 6 months now and didn't even know it?!  Wonder what else I'm missing out on?  Do you think there's a long-lost relative out there that left me millions that I'm totally in the dark about?

What's your point, Tom?  Well, only by accident did I happen upon something that was mine all along. Something I didn't know existed.  Something I wasn't putting to use out of my simple ignorance.

Do you ever wonder what God has provided for you...just sitting there with your name on it...waiting for you to pick it up or activate it.  It's not written on your bill, but in His Word.  I don't want to get to Heaven and have God ask me, "By the way, why didn't you ever put________ to use.  It was there for you.  I made it available to you.  I told you about it.  You read my instructions, right?  Were you just not interested?  It cost me a lot, but I was happy to provide it for you.  I just wondered why you never took advantage of it?

That would be sad.  That would be embarrassing.  That would be.....well, you get the picture.  Check your bill, or in this case, His Word, to see what all accounts you have.  Activate them all.  Trust me, God's got better for you than just old movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS