MONDAYS

Lots of pastors take off on Mondays.  I adhere to the same philosophy as Rick Warren who once said, "I don't want to feel that bad on my day off".  I concur.  So, I try to schedule everything on Monday I really don't want to do any other day.  Usually a meeting, followed by a meeting, taking you up to lunch, a trip to the gym, random appointments, afternoon meetings, and like today, rounded off with an evening meeting with the elders and staff.  Uuuuummmmm.  Sounds like fun.  Sounds like MONDAY!

In reality, I really don't look forward to Mondays.  I'm usually pretty beat-up from the week-end and a Sunday that started way too early and ended way too late.  But, I know the things I do on Monday, although not always fun, are important.  They set the tone for the rest of the week.  They make TUESDAY possible.

What's your MONDAY?  That thing you dread?  That thing you kind of wish would just go away?  That you could sleep through or hit delete on your key board and you could move on to the next thing? How do you deal with it?  Do you just dread it?  Do you just get on with it and pray it will be over soon?  Or, do you embrace it and recognize it's necessity and value in your life?

For you, it may not be Monday.  Maybe your Monday is Thursday.  Maybe your Monday are those trips to the in-laws, sales meetings, homework assignments, dinner with the neighbors, ...you fill in the blank.

So, how do you deal with them?  Do you live with a sense of dread for the 3 days leading up to them?  Do you act like a 3-year-old and throw an inward tantrum that only you can see that says, "I don't want to and you can't make me!"?  Do you just mope through it thinking no one notices, when in reality, everyone does?

Or, do you embrace it and say, "This is the day (or event, or challenge, or pain-in-the-posterior) that the Lord has made...I will rejoice and be glad in it!"  That can be tough.  But, it's a day or season or hour of your life that you'll never get back.  Live it well, my friend.  Live it well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS