LABOR DAY

I won't go into all the history of LABOR DAY.  Let's all face it, LABOR DAY has become something very special...a 4-day weekend.  Bingo!  It's call LABOR DAY.  And you can do anything you want to with it....except LABOR.  A little odd, but no one seems to care.  I'm excited about the day off.  But, as a pastor, I simply realize what it actually means...I have to do in 3 days what I usually do in 4.  Yeah, that's a rather pessimistic way of looking at it...but, I'm a realist.  I tend to think of it as realism.

OK, so am I the only person in the world with a To-Do List for my LABOR DAY?  I gotta get some stuff done.  Need a map.  Need a plan.  Go here, do this, do that.  Saturday I relaxed.  I really relaxed.  It rained.  I watched football.  Susan decided she wanted to cook.  Out came Pioneer Woman.  BUTTER!  EAT!  WATCH MORE FOOTBALL!

I have a phobia.  It's resting, relaxing and doing nothing.  I feel guilty when I do nothing.  It's a mental disease.  Gotta get over it.  Especially, when God's Word talks so much about rest, being still, sabbath. I tend to skip over that part.  Rather than being the Human Being God designed me to be, I feel more comfortable being a Human Doing.

Anyone out there relate?  STOP IT!  It will kill you...and me.  REST.  REST FROM YOUR LABOR.  CHILL OUT.  REST.

Comments

  1. ...so true Pastor Tom... I have the same problem... but I'm learning...to REST IN THE LORD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT