MORE THAN A SONG

"Count your blessings, name them one by one.  Count your blessings, see what God has done.  Count your blessings...name them one by one..."  Some of you may have never heard that song.  It's an oldie.  I've sung it 1000's of times.  But, probably never paid attention to anything I was singing.  Why do I know that?  Because I never did what the song says to do...Count your blessings.  

Have you ever done that?  Probably not.  You're like me and 99% of most of the world.  Every time something goes wrong, we take note of that.  We worry.  We fret.  We say, "Why me?".  But, we ignore the many, many, many ways we have been blessed beyond measure.

Do you have a roof over your head?  Blessing.  You have air conditioning?  Blessing.  Do you have a job?  One that pays well?  One with a sane boss?  One with benefits?  One you like?  All blessings.

Do you have an intact marriage?  A spouse who loves you?  Kids who aren't devil-worshippers?  Blessings.

Friends?  Family?  Church?  Awesome pastor? (please check that one)  Hope? Health?  I could go on and on.  So, why not?  Make yourself a Blessing Page today and fill it up.  Every time you think of one, jot it down.  It just might blow you away.  It just might change your attitude.  I just might change your "Why me's" into, "No big deal, Lord.  I'm unbelievably blessed!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT