DON'T WASTE A MINUTE

It's HOT!  Always.  Really.  I'm tired of hot.  I'm ready for Fall.  Fall has cool.  Fall has football.  Fall has less mosquitoes.  Fall has less people on vacation and more people in church.  Fall has a church being built.  Fall has leaves turning colors (somewhere).  Did I mention Fall is cooler?  You actually want to go outside.  Fall lets you get out of your vehicle without your glasses fogging up.  I'm ready for Fall RIGHT NOW!

OK, wait a minute.  That's how we live our lives a lot of time.  I wish I was 16 now so I could get my license.  I wish I was old enough to get married...go off to college...get a job...move out...have kids...you fill in the blank.  All great things, but would you really want to miss the next day, month, year, etc. to get there now?

The principle here?  CONTENTMENT.  That's a big Biblical principle.  What does it mean?  It means that if you can't be happy where you are, you'll never be happy where you want to be.  I means don't wish your life away.  It means being willing to enjoy right now.  It means choosing to be present in the moment, not just looking to someday.  Because somedays aren't promised, but you do have today.  Don't miss it.  Don't waste it.  You'll never get it back.  It's a gift.  LIVE TODAY...FULLY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT