TWO FUNERALS AND ...

Part of being a Pastor is performing weddings and funerals (marrying and burying).  Got one suit to cover both.  Weddings are cool...mostly.  With those rare exceptions when you know this is a total mistake and probably won't last a year.  But, those are rare.

Funerals can be sad and celebratory all at the same time.  I don't get nervous doing weddings anymore. I don't get nervous doing funerals either.  However, some funerals are the most stressful things I do as a pastor.  Today, I'm performing two funerals.  One easy.  One stressful.  I know I'll be looking into the eyes of three children who's mom died at 43.  Way too young.  Years ago, she checked out on her husband, pretty much checked out on her kids and slowly checked out on life, opting for the comfort she could find in a bottle.  A life wasted.

Three children will look to me for comfort and meaning and help and hope.  I'm stressed.

May I make one suggestion to you?  Someday, you'll be the one laying there.  Your family will look to someone like me for help and hope and comfort.  Help the guy out.  Live a life that matters.  Live a life of meaning.  Live a life with Christ squarely at the center.  Don't waste your life and then leave it to some guy like me to convince everyone that you didn't.  Don't Waste your Life!

Comments

  1. What a reminder for all of us. Will be praying for you today, but will also be praying for those three kids and that they will hear what the Lord says through you so that their lives will matter from this day forward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS