CRUISE LESSONS, Pt. 5

13.  In order to be funny, you are expected to be dirty.  Dirty isn't funny, but people think it is.  I like comedy.  I love to laugh and love to make people laugh myself.  I don't check out many comedy shows.  Not that I'm opposed to it...it's just not something I think of.  When onboard ship, the comedians come to you.  Now there are two kinds of shows they do...Family Friendly and Adult Only shows.  Being both a family and adults, we fell into both categories (lucky us!), so we checked out both of them.

Findings: If a person is funny, he's funny...PERIOD.  If he's not, he's not...PERIOD.  Second finding:  The difference between a Family Friendly Show and an Adults Only Show is that the comedian feels compelled to throw in as many curse words in each sentence as possible.  They really don't have to be appropriate, necessary or fit in.  You just throw them in there.  Many times unnecessarily.  Many times inappropriately.  And many times in place of the humor.

It's easier to have a filthy mouth than a sense of humor.  Real humor is a lot more work, but apparently it isn't adult.  Therefore, adulthood = replacing your sense of humor with gutter language.  There must be a lot of out-of-work comedians in our world.

14.  When away from my place of residence, I genuinely enjoy being around lost people.  I'm not sure what that says about me. Maybe it means I really love people like Jesus did, but only if their perfect strangers who live outside my State of residence.  No, there were people at the table next to us from Angleton.  I liked them.  Not sure what it means.  Maybe, I really enjoy lost people when I don't have to go out of my way to make a place in my life and my schedule for them.  I didn't have to hang with all you Christians on the boat.  I had no church members there to call, email or stop by.  There were no, "we really need to get with them" moments.  We didn't have to seek out the heathens.  They sought us out.  And, contrary to popular thought, we actually enjoyed it.  Who knew?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT