DAMN!

Whoa! Does that say what I think it says? Yep. That's what I told my folks Sunday morning. The reason we aren't more poassionate about reaching people for Jesus is that we JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN! I'm sure many were surprised, shocked, offended, disappointed, just to mention a few responses.
Just out of curiosity, what's your response? No one walked out, but you could have heard a pin drop.
My purpose? To point out that most of us are more offended at the pastor using the word DAMN than we are that our neighbors are lost, dying and being damned to hell for eternity. We're more offended that the pastor cursed than we are that those that we call friends and family are living CURSED lives far from God. Kinda whacked, don't you think?
One more thing to think about...who's more offended? You, that I said DAMN, or God, that we just don't give one?
Ask God to give you HIS passion for your neighbors and friends and family and work associates and teamates that he loved enough to die for.

Comments

  1. preach it brother! what a powerful message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to warn a (former) Church of Christ girl before you cuss at church! :) Good point, still made me cringe (which, I suppose, was the point...) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I missed this Sunday. I love your unconventional ways of getting your point across! Keep it up! Well maybe not the cursing (hee)but telling it like it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD JOHN KELLY APOLOGIZE?

CHRISTIANS DON'T KEEP COMPANY WITH SINNERS

BUNNIES, BOUNCING & BAIT